If you are looking for unlimited diving, flexible program length during your PADI Dive Master Internship, with professional and enthusiastic instruction, then Ban’s Diving Resort is for you.
Incorporated in our fun workshops, we focus on enhancing your navigation, deep diver, search and recovery, and leading diver skills. You get unlimited diving by supervising, assisting on dive courses, and supporting certified divers.
As a PADI Divemaster you’ll be able to
- Organize and conduct recreational diving activities, both land and boat based
- Assist PADI instructors in conducting PADI Diver programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review Refresher courses for certified divers
- Conduct Discover Scuba Diving Courses and any consecutive dives for DSD after the initial program with an instructor
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver Program
- Enroll in PADI Instructor Level Training
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster program, you will receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You will also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities depending where you will be located.)
PADI Divemaster Course Schedule
The Ban’s Divemaster Course usually runs for a period of 6 to 8 weeks, depending upon your level of experience when you start. You can start the course any day of the week, throughout the year and a flexible schedule to accommodate your other travel needs (and visa runs) is always available.
Between sessions you will have plenty of time to relax and enjoy everything the island of Koh Tao has to offer, such as the beautiful beaches, the stunning scenery you can see on the many hiking trails, adventure sports such as rock climbing, abseiling, flying trapeze and sailing and more.
- Skill Circuits
- Knowledge Development; Knowledge Reviews & Exams
- DM Workshops
- Deep Diver Workshop
- Search & Recovery Workshop
- Water Assessments (swim tests)
- Underwater Mapping Project
- Emergency Assistance Plan (EAP)
You’ll be assisting on:
- Boat & dive centre logistics
- Assisting our certified Divemasters with certified divers
- Delivering briefings to divers
- Assisting our Instructors with student diver training
- Guiding certified divers on underwater tours
PADI Divemaster Course Prerequisites
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent)
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent), and submit proof of CPR and First Aid and Secondary Care training within the past 24 months. (or equivalent from another training organization.
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into the PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician – MEDICAL STATEMENT
We will need to see all your certification cards from Open water to Rescue Diver (or electronic versions) and your logbook to prove diving experience. If you do not have any of these available, please inform us in advance so that we can research your details online through the PADI website or assist you with finding your current details
PADI Divemaster Course Cost: 30,000 ฿
Including the use of all rental scuba equipment during the program along with dive computers and compasses.
PADI Divemaster Materials cost: 7,000 ฿
Including: PADI Instructor Manual, DM Manuel, DM Slates, The Recreational Dive Encyclopedia, ERDPml, Scuba Review Tune Up Booklet and the required PADI Decal Sticker for the final Divemaster Application Process.
PADI & Additional Fees
A PADI Medical Statement for physical dive clearance needs to be signed by a physician. This may be obtained by your home physician or by a physician on the island. Cost on the island is approximately 200 Baht.
PADI Divemaster Application Fee in 2020 is $220.00 Australian Dollars. This payment is made via a credit card application directly to PADI to register in current status as a PADI Divemaster to be eligible for employment.
Accommodation: We can suggest several long-term bungalows/rooms located near the dive centre or on-site depending on your personal budget. If you budget for 10,000 – 14,000 THB per month you will not be disappointed although there are places available from as little as 7,000 THB. If you prefer something more up market, there are detached private bungalows or houses with multiple bedrooms, kitchens etc. These range from 18,000 – 30,000 THB per month, depending on location, size etc.