If you are looking for unlimited diving during your course, a flexible program length, and to be mentored by the most passionate, highly qualified, and experienced PADI Master Instructors and Course Directors, then the PADI Dive Master Internship at Ban’s is for you.
Incorporated in our fun workshops, we focus on enhancing your navigation, deep diver, search and recovery, and leading diver skills. You get unlimited diving by supervising, assisting on dive courses, and supporting certified divers.
As a PADI Divemaster you’ll be able to
- Organize and conduct recreational diving activities, both land and boat based
- Assist PADI instructors in conducting PADI Diver programs
- Conduct PADI ReActivate courses for certified divers
- Assist on Discover Scuba Diving programs and lead consecutive dives for DSD after the initial program with an instructor
- Become a DSD leader by completing the “DSD Leader” internship with an instructor
- Conduct the PADI Advanced Snorkeler Program
- Enrol in PADI Instructor Level Training
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster program, you will become a PADI member receiving benefits including access to the PADI Pro site with many valuable resources, access to marketing tools and training hub, receive quarterly training updates in The Undersea Journal, discounts on PADI gear and much more.
- Skill Circuits
- Knowledge Development; Knowledge Reviews & Exams via eLearning
- DM Workshops
- Deep Diver Workshop
- Search & Recovery Workshop
- Water Assessments (swim tests)
- Underwater Mapping Project
- Emergency Assistance Plan (EAP)
You’ll be assisting on:
- Boat & dive centre logistics
- Assisting our certified Divemasters with certified divers
- Delivering briefings to divers
- Assisting our instructors with student diver training
- Guiding certified divers on underwater tours
- Conservation activities such as beach and underwater clean-ups
Incorporated in our fun workshops, we focus on enhancing your navigation, deep diver, search and recovery, and leading diver skills. You get unlimited diving during your course whilst assisting on dive courses and supporting certified divers. Once you are certified, you can continue to dive when assisting courses or guiding divers.
You will learn lots more than the required curriculum, and in addition, will receive extra dive theory workshops to enhance your knowledge of Physics, Physiology, Equipment, Decompression Theory and General Skills and the Environment.
Plus, Ban’s are passionate about the environment and encourage Divemaster candidates to take part in our daily beach clean-ups, regular underwater clean-ups, as well as coral monitoring programs and island wide ECO events. Basically, you get to dive every day!
Our “Employment in the Dive Industry” workshop is offered to all Divemaster and Instructor Candidates. This workshop concentrates on how and where to find work, different aspects of the dive industry, applying for work, writing a diving CV and interview techniques. Many of our Divemasters and Instructors have found employment after attending this workshop.
PADI Divemaster Course Prerequisites
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent)
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent), and submit proof of CPR and First Aid and Secondary Care training within the past 24 months. (or equivalent from another training organization.
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into the PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician – MEDICAL STATEMENT
We will need to see all your certification cards from Open water to Rescue Diver (or electronic versions) and your logbook to prove diving experience. If you do not have any of these available, please inform us in advance and we will assist you.
PADI Divemaster Course Schedule
The Ban’s Divemaster Course usually runs for a period of 6 to 8 weeks, depending upon your level of experience when you start. (Can be completed in less if you have enough dive experience) You can start the course any day of the week, throughout the year and a flexible schedule to accommodate your other travel needs (and visa runs) is always available.
Between sessions you will have plenty of time to relax and enjoy everything the island of Koh Tao has to offer, such as the beautiful beaches, the stunning scenery you can see on the many hiking trails, adventure sports such as rock climbing, abseiling, flying trapeze, sup boarding, kayaking and more.
PADI Divemaster Course Cost: 30,000 ฿
Including the use of all rental scuba equipment during the program along with dive computers and compasses. (We offer discounts on equipment purchases)
PADI Divemaster Materials Cost: 8,000 ฿
Including: Digital materials – Divemaster eLearning (Can be completed at home before arriving on Koh Tao) PADI Instructor Manual, digital version of The Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving, ERDPml, digital materials for conducting DM programs such as ReActivate and DM Aquatic cue cards.
PADI & Additional Fees
PADI Medical Statement for physical dive clearance needs to be signed by a physician. This may be obtained by your home physician or by a physician on the island. Cost on the island is approximately 200 Baht.
PADI Divemaster Application Fee in 2022 is $231.00 Australian Dollars. (2023 fee to be announced) This payment is made directly to PADI to register in current status as a PADI Divemaster to be eligible for employment. The application fee includes the remainder of the year’s membership fee. (Membership fees are paid annually to PADI to remain in active status).
We can suggest several long-term bungalows/rooms located near the dive centre or on-site depending on your personal budget. If you budget for 10,000 – 14,000 THB per month you will not be disappointed although there are places available from as little as 7,000 THB. If you prefer something more up market, there are detached private bungalows or houses with multiple bedrooms, kitchens etc. These range from 18,000 – 30,000 THB per month, depending on location, size etc.